The Truth (and Myths) About Sea Monstersby L. A. Peacock illustrated by Stefano Tambellini
Books are offered at exclusive low prices and ship to the classroom for free. Every order gives back to the class in the form of FREE Books and resources.
Families, please CONNECT TO TEACHER to see prices and order.
- Connect to your child’s teacher using the Class Code (please ask the teacher if needed).
- No Class Code? Find your child’s teacher by city and school name.
- Or, if your teacher doesn’t participate, you can select a different teacher, then choose Ship to Home at checkout. (The teacher will earn classroom rewards for your order!)
Already have an account? Please SIGN IN.
- Giant squids have attacked submarines.
- Stingrays shoot their poisonous spines.
- Some prehistoric whales looked like crocodiles.
- South American piranhas have killed and eaten human beings.
About this SeriesWith heart-pounding action and high emotional stakes, this well-researched fiction series brings historical disasters to life through the eyes of people who experience them. Each chapter book puts an ordinary kid in the middle of a terrifying event, from a devastating hurricane to an infamous shipwreck. With determination and a bit of luck, these characters survive dangerous situations, reunite with their friends and families, and start to rebuild their lives.
Told in short, gripping chapters with striking black-and-white illustrations, the I Survived stories keep readers on the edges of their seats as they learn about important current events and moments in history. Thoughtful author's notes provide additional background information, timelines, and research and writing tips.