1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To be automatically entered, teacher must order from either of the February 2018 We Need Diverse Books flyers by March 2, 2018. Teachers may also enter by sending a postcard with teacher’s name and grade level plus school name, address, and telephone number to: We Need Diverse Books Sweepstakes, PO Box 714, New York, NY 10013-0714. All purchases must be made or postcards received by March 2, 2018. Winner will be notified by March 16, 2018. Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
2. Winner will be selected by a random drawing. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
3. Sweepstakes is open to teachers who are legal US residents and currently teaching in US schools in grades kindergarten through 8. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion, and production agencies, (collectively, the “related entities”), are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. There will be two (2) Winners who will each receive every book in the We Need Diverse Books offer that is appropriate to the grade level of the teacher’s current class. (Approximate retail value of this prize is $500.00.) All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes and international tariffs, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
5. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, each prize provider in this Sweepstakes, and their respective related entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this sweepstakes and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this Sweepstakes shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion, and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winner. The winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, the winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, prize provider, and their respective related entities, and hold each of them harmless, from any claims relating to their participation or nonparticipation in any Media Events.
7. The name of the prizewinner (available after March 30, 2018) will be listed on the Sponsor website at scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain the name of the winner by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners List, We Need Diverse Books Sweepstakes, PO Box 714, New York, NY 10013-0714 by May 18, 2018.
Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012